Asian Horizons, Dharmaram Journal of Theology
Vol. 10, No. 3, September 2016
Call for Papers
ASIAN CHRISTIAN HERITAGE
Christianity had its origin in Asia. In the first Millennium, Asia was the Centre of Christianity. Though Rome became the centre of Western Christianity and the See of the Papacy, all other major centres of the Church were in Asia; all the important Ecumenical Councils of the first Millennium took place in Asia; all the major doctrines were formulated in the Asian centres; most of the important theological schools were in Asia. September 2016 issue of Asian Horizons focuses mainly on the early history of indigenous Christianity in Asia. However, how this heritage continued to evolve also could be explored. Besides, how Christianity in Asia developed in dialogue with other Asian religions could be reflected upon.
Suggested Topics (only recommendations, not exhaustive):
– Indigenous Christianity in Asia
– Asian/Eastern Churches [Could be on a particular Church]
– Jewish Christianity
– Hellenistic Churches
– Syrian Churches
– Eastern Orthodox Churches
– Persian Church
– Missionary Expansion of the Nestorian Church
– Influence of Other Asian Religions on Christianity [could be also on the influence of any particular religion]
– Asian Church’s Contribution to the Western Churches
– Christianity in India
– Christianity in China [or any other Asian country]
– Colonization and Asian Churches
– Ancient Asian Churches and Inculturation
– Asian Churches: Search for Identity
As usual, we welcome other articles on any area of theological interest and research.
Please send your articles (4500-5000 words, including the footnotes) at the latest by 30 August 2016. Kindly include the abstract of the article in 150-200 words, 5-7 Keywords and a summary of the CV of the author in 100-150 words.
Other regular items: “New Scholars”: Abstract of doctoral theses (recently defended and not yet published); book reviews.
For submitting the articles and for more details: Shaji George Kochuthara (editor-in-chief): firstname.lastname@example.org